Monday, August 31, 2009
Posted by Julie at 10:47 AM
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I survived the echocardiogram and the exercise stress test. In fact, I passed with flying colors! You might be thinking, "great", "good news", etc. I was thinking, "no", "there IS something wrong with me".
God worked a miracle for me in the doctor's office yesterday. He allowed my heart to "do it's thing" while talking to the nurse. They immediately grabbed the EKG machine and wah-la! My proof was right there in black and white. This is what my print out looked like. And this is a normal EKG.
I impressed everyone in the office! I felt so special! And most of all so thankful that they were finally able to catch my problem and see for themselves.
I was right about my diagnosis. They are pretty sure it is Supraventricular Tychacardia.
So, what's next? On to another doctor for an electrophysiolgy study. The good news is, I was given some medication and it seems to be working.
More updates as they become available! (By the way, if you are reading this, how about commenting?) THANKS!
Posted by Julie at 2:20 PM
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I borrowed this Meme from Michele. Like her, I thought it would be fun to post on my blog.
1. What are your middle names? Mine is LeeAnna and Tim's is Shannon.
2. How long have you been together? Nine years and 9 months!
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We didn't know each other...it was a blind date.
4. Who asked who out? We were set up...but he did call and ask me out.
5. Whose siblings do you see the most? Even though my brother lives a mile from me, we hardly see him. We see Tim's siblings every other Friday night. His younger brother lives in Missouri so we NEVER get to see him.
6. Do you have any children together? Two on earth and 3 in heaven. (we miscarried 3 children)
7. What about pets? Yes...Buddy (black lab) and Champ (Boston terrier)
8. Did you go to the same school? No...he is from Jackson and I am from Griffin. Besides the fact that I was in 6th grade when he graduated. (tee hee)
9. Who is the most sensitive? Me
10. Where do you go out to eat most as a couple? As a couple, probably either J Henry's or Yuki (Japanese steakhouse)
11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? I guess that would be Virginia to visit my Aunt and Uncle.
12. Who has the craziest exes? Neither of us were previously married...I don't know about ex-girlfriends or ex-boyfriends! Probably me.
13. Who has the worst temper? I think that when Tim was little he had a REALLY BAD temper, but I have a short temper now.
14. Who does the cooking? I do the cooking unless Tim happens to be home and wants to cook. He is a great cook.
15. Who is more social? Me
16. Who is the neat freak? Tim
17. Who is the most stubborn? Me
18. Who hogs the bed? Tim would say that I do. We don't like to touch when we are asleep...but sometimes I like the middle of the bed!
19. Who wakes up earlier? Tim
20. Where was your first date? We went to 57th Fighter Group. It is a restaurant at a small airport where you can watch planes fly in while you eat. Very romantic! I don't think it is open anymore. :(
21. Do you get flowers often? I don't get them often, but I do get them. He usually brings them for no reason except to surprise me (and it usually does).
22. How long did it take to get serious? We dated 6 months until he proposed and then 6 months later we were married!
23. Who eats more? Tim
24. Who sings better? He says I do and I say he does!
25. Who does the laundry? Uh...that would definitely be me.
26. Who’s better with the computer? Me
27. Who drives when you are together? Tim...I would prefer to be like a little old lady who never got her driver's license! It's the man's job to drive! ;)
28. Who picks where you go to dinner? Me, usually...but only because he asks me to pick.
29. Who wears the pants? Definitely Tim. That is the only way!
30. Who has the better sense of humor? Me, I think.
31. Who eats more sweets? Me...Tim would rather have seconds for dessert!
32. Who cries more? Me
33. What's your favorite tv show together? We don't have TV anymore, but before the switch it would probably be Survivor.
Posted by Julie at 11:00 AM
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
This is our 3rd year of homeschooling. I can't believe it! Time flies when your having fun, right? Every year I get really excited, but this year I am SUPER excited because it is the first year that I will be home FULL TIME!!!! During Kindergarten and First Grade I worked part time outside our home, so I am hoping to have much more time to plan and do some extra "stuff" this year.
We are not starting school until September 8th. I like to get Labor Day out of the way before we settle into our routine. We are going camping that weekend (Lord willing) and that will be our last vacation before we hit the books.
I am going to explain our curriculum, but I won't post our schedule until we have a "run through" to see how everything is going to work out.
Over the last two years I have used Abeka curriculum. I purchased the kits, which were really well planned out. Basically all I had to do was open and start teaching. This worked really well for us at the time. Especially since I was working and really didn't have the time to plan things.
This year I pulled from several different curriculum. The lessons are still planned for me, but I got to pick and choose different subjects from different publishers. Here is what we'll be doing:
BIBLE I did not buy a curriculum for Bible. We will just be using a kid's devotional Bible, and a Bible story book. I also have a Bible reader that we didn't finish with last year that we may occasionally use.
GRAMMAR I had heard so many good things from so many homeschooling mom's about Shurley Grammar, that I decided to give it a try.
READING This year I went with Bob Jones University for several subjects. One thing I love is the fact that scripture is used throughout each subject.
SPELLING Bob Jones
MATH Horizons...this too was recommended by a friend. I think we are going to love it.
HISTORY Bob Jones
SCIENCE Exploring Creation through Astronomy
ART Meet the Masters I don't know about you, but my daughter literally CRAVES art...so I thought this program would be fun as well as educational.
So, there you have it! I am excited to get started!
Posted by Julie at 11:42 AM
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Are you one of those people who go straight to the internet when you feel the sickies coming on? You are? Me too!
I have been battling an issue for...well, let's just say WAY too long. It's actually hard to describe and after scouring the internet for every symptom I have been experiencing, I have finally diagnosed myself with Supraventricular Tachycardia. Sounds kinda scary, huh? Well, it IS scary when you are driving the car with your two precious babies in the back seat and you suddenly feel like you are seeing stars and could pass out any minute!
I finally broke down and called a heart specialist on Monday. I don't know why I waited so long. My appointment was today and so far I really like the doctor that I am seeing. Basically, he said that I was too young to be having heart trouble.
They hooked me up to the EKG machine and printed a report. Then I was hooked up to a Holter monitor. I will be wearing this device for 24 hours and I am happy to report that I have had 2 episodes already. I am hoping I will have one or two more during the time I am wearing the monitor so that it will show up on the EKG. Next week I go back for an Echocardiogram and a stress test.
I am praying that the doctor will be able to find out what is wrong with me. Hey, maybe he'll agree with my self diagnosis!
Posted by Julie at 10:14 PM
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Yes, yes, it has been forever (foe evah) since I've posted here. Sorry, but I have been super busy this summer. I really want to jump right back in to blogging, however, there is a yummy squash casserole in my oven and some fresh fried okra on my stove just waiting to be eaten. So, for now I will make this short and sweet!
I have so many things I want to post about...so I am hoping to get back to blogging on a more consistent basis. Here are a few topics I am planning on blogging about:
*A week long trip to Myrtle Beach
*Our 10 year wedding proposal anniversary
*The transformation of our happy homeschool room
*My Tastefully Simple business
*Christmas at Walt Disney World
These are just a few of the main things I want to blog...I'm sure there will be more as I get going.
Hope everyone had a nice summer and I can't wait to get this thing going again. I'll leave you with some eye candy to enjoy!
My sweet Beth
Waiting for the Laser Show
Happy Boy Avery
My little man feeding me Italian Ice at Stone Mountain Park
And, to prove that I am cooking:
and Squash Casserole
Posted by Julie at 5:49 PM