Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Me Time

So, I know it's been awhile. Sorry. I have been preoccupied with decorating for Christmas, Christmas, and "undecorating" for Christmas. Plus, there've been parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the....wait...well, I really haven't been THAT busy! ;-) Seriously though, I HAVE been totally enjoying the fact that my husband has been off for the past week and a half. We have been able to spend some much needed time together with our children. We even squeezed in a few after Christmas sales together! But, today, out of every other day has by far been THE BEST day!

First of all, it was my day to do whatever I chose. My husband took the children and went down to his Mom's for the day. I had a leisurely morning. I didn't really sleep in, but I didn't have to get up and feed the kids. After my 10:00 breakfast, I decided that I wanted to go to a couple of craft stores and check out their bargains. I called my Dad....yes, my Dad, and invited him to go. He has not been allowed to drive due to a heart condition and I figured he would be up for a road trip. Plus, he is pretty crafty himself. So, we headed to the next town over and hit one of my FAVORITE stores. All their scrapbook supplies were 50% off, so I stocked up! My Dad likes to paint so he took advantage of some sale prices too.

After that, we went to lunch at a VERY GOOD Mexican restaurant. Then we headed to ANOTHER craft store and I bought more scrapbook "stuff".

To round out the day, I went to a jewelry party and made $443.00!!!! I'll post more about that later. Too bad I didn't have the money BEFORE I went shopping.

So, needless to say, I had a pretty doggone good day. I shopped, ate, and spent some quality time with my Daddy!

Here is a photo of all the stuff I bought today.


I know it's hard to tell in the picture, but I even got my son a scrapbook and a new cartridge for my Cricut!!!!

1 comments:

Tiffani said...

Aw!! How fun!! What a neat thing that you went with your Daddy even when you had the day to yourself...that's so thoughtful and sweet! But that's what you are!

I wanna know what store had their stuff 50% off! Did you go to f'ville???