Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rethinking

I am rethinking my post from yesterday. I really needed to vent and get that off my chest. Now that I have, I realize that if I want to feel supported, I have to take it upon myself. This is a totally NOT the way I thought it worked! I guess times have changed! I always thought that if I had a friend that was going through something, then I should be the one to pick up the phone (send a text) or drop a card in the mail (send an email). Honestly, I'm a little confused. I almost feel like I'm being selfish. Maybe I was.

Once again, what can I learn from this? Two things.

First, I can't place my needs in the hands of people. Only God can provide that "completeness" that I desire emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Humans are humans and they usually let you down. Sometimes I think I expect too much out of others.

Second, I have more of a desire to serve others who are going through difficult times. I am going to make more phone calls, send more cards, and do whatever it takes to be that friend I so desire.

1 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like God has ahold of your heart. I love ya girl!