Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Well, I feel much better today!!! Mostly because tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am truly excited. I am SO looking forward to lunch and dinner!!! We always go to my parents' house for lunch. This year my brother and his wife will be at her family's house...so needless to say, we will have a ton of food to consume! Here is the lunch menu:

Turkey
Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Green Beans
Mac and Cheese
Sweet Potato Casserole
Squash Casserole
Stuffed Celery
Fruit Salad
Cranberry Sauce
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie


Does that sound yummy or what?? My mom and my grandmother usually do most of the cooking. I always make my signature squash casserole. Besides that I will bring rolls, stuffed celery, deviled eggs and a relish tray.

Now, for supper we go to Tim's parents. The great thing about that is...we have a non-traditional Thanksgiving. For example, one year we had a low country boil. This year we decided to have finger foods. I am taking sausage balls. It's so nice to go there later in the evening and not have to eat another huge meal.

Besides getting things ready for tomorrow, I have started decorating for Christmas. I like to put a different "themed" tree in each room of my home. Some of them are just small, table-top trees. Today I put up the tree in our office. My hubby calls the office "his room" because it has his fish he caught and soon will have the deer he shot. It is decorated with pictures of wildlife. So...the tree in there will have outdoorsy stuff too. Dragonflies, butterflies, feathers, leaves, etc. I'll definitely post a pic when it's done.

Hope you all have a blessed day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Yes, that menu sounds YUMMY!!! We had quite the spread too!!

I can't wait to see your trees and I cannot wait to get started on our decorations too...but we're gonna wait on Adam for that...

Glad your day went well...

Michele said...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I think I love it so much because all the "stuff" is not thrown in. It is a time to enjoy those we love. So glad you guys are surrounded with loved ones. Hope your day was great!