Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's Up

Today is my sweet hubby's birthday. He is 37. I can't believe it. Three years until 40. Wow. We are getting old. It's hard to believe that he wasn't even 30 when we met. Time flies when you're having fun.

We went out to eat with my family to celebrate Tim's birthday last night. It was SO good! In fact, the best part is we had enough left over for dinner tonight. Yay! I don't have to cook for 2 nights in a row. Normally, I enjoy cooking. But I REALLY need to go to the grocery store and there just isn't a lot to choose from in the freezer right now! Soon we will get the three deer back that Tim shot a couple of weeks ago and our freezer will be full of meat. Thank you Lord!

The next few days are going to busy with homeschool. I am trying to get ahead so that we can take 3 days off next week. I would also like to take off from December 22nd through the end of the year. We can do it...it's just going to take some effort. Now that I am finishing up with unpacking, I feel like I have more time to devote to school. Beth is really doing good and I am learning some things along the way as well. Funny how you forget how many pints are in a quart and all that!!

I am really excited about Thanksgiving. We always go shopping the day after. My kiddos will spend the night with my mom on Thursday and this year my best friend in the whole world and her hubby are joining us. The plan is for them to spend the night at our house so we can all leave from here early. Should be very fun! Then, on Saturday we will go pick out our Christmas tree and start decorating. Lots of fun things to look forward to!

Thanks to Michele for all the AWESOME Christ-centered Christmas tradition ideas. I can't wait to get started! Michele's daughter and my daughter are best friends. Last year, they were in a Thanksgiving re-enactment together...below is a picture for your enjoyment!


Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

You forgot to say "and every year we run into Tiffani out in the shopping center" :)!!! I can't wait either! Sounds like you guys will have CRAZY fun with Barry and Steph going too...

So glad your time with Tim for his birthday was fun and that you had extra for dinner...that's ALWAYS nice!! You'll have to let me try the venison once you get it back!!

I am getting excited about the holidays as well and can't wait to come see your beautiful house!!

Love you so much!

Stephanie Elder said...

Girl-I cannot wait until BLACK FRIDAY!!! I love starting new traditions with you and Tim. I'm so glad that he got a great birthday and that you didn't have to cook. The pic of Beth and Ashley is so cute! See you soon.

Michele said...

And I am SO enjoying this sweeet, precious picture!!! I'm so glad Tim had such a great birthday.

You and Tim and Barry and Steph are going to have SO MUCH FUN!! I might have to text you so that way I will feel apart of the fun:) I love the day after Thanksgiving shopping!

I hope the homeschool load goes really well and you guys get lots accomplished!

Love ya!